Call us security nerds, but we’re pretty excited around here. That happens whenever we get to offer our customers something that will improve their security and improve the way they live their lives. This time, Honeywell has outdone itself with features that allow Total Connect users to more fully adapt the system to their needs. Today, any tool that lets you five more simply and competitively is a huge advantage.
In case you have not heard, Honeywell recently released a number of enhancements to the award winning Total Connect 2.0 platform. Some of the updates improve the user experience, while others provide a transformative way to use the service. All of them extend the value and reach of the service, and allow the user to adapt the system and its use to fit all the intricacies of a busy and increasingly mobile lifestyle.
Total Connect 2.0
If you are not yet familiar, Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 allows users to use mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to remotely view and manage their systems and automation functions. Users can view live video, receive real time alerts, turn off and on enabled electronics and appliances, lock and unlock doors, track vehicles and assets via GPS technologies, and more from their supported device.
New Features to Love
Total Connect revolutionized the industry, and now the new features give users even more functionality and convenience.
Here are the new enhancements we love:
- Smart Scene Wizards that guide users through configuring various scenes for maximum energy efficiency, for ambiance, convenience, or comfort. This new feature is supported on iPhone, iPad, Android, and via the web through Internet Explorer 10+ or higher.
- New interface that is sleeker, easier to use, intuitive and familiar across all platforms.
- Smart Auto-Syncing with the LYNX Touch 7000, 5200, and 5100 control systems. Updates occur automatically within seconds.
- Touch ID from Apple allows Touch enabled Apple iOS device users to log in to their system using their fingerprint as their ID. This is a highly secure way to avoid using passcodes.
- The remote service is offered in four languages including English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Together these enhancements add up to big news. People are busier and more mobile than ever and these new tools allow the user to customize the experience and the results in a way that totally revolves around the way they live.
Latest posts by Lauren M. (see all)
- 8 Ways Smart Home Technologies Help Simplify Back-to-School Routines - August 12, 2018
- The Lazy Days of Summer Starts With Smart Security - July 18, 2018
- Home Security Checks Before Going on Vacation - July 4, 2018