Okay, maybe most people would describe their summer as anything but lazy. Summer is a busy season that includes everything from trying to juggle schedules with the kids out of school, filling in for others on vacation, and taking off for a well-earned break of our own. In the midst of it all, you are trying to figure out how to keep the family and the house, safe and in one piece. It is a near impossible task, if not for home automation.
Home Automation Addresses Some of Summer’s Most Pressing Issues
The increased activity in summer brings a lot of fun, but it also brings its own set of challenges and dangers.
- In summer, the house may be quite obviously empty while you’re on vacation.
- With kids going in and out of the house a million times, the doors get left unlocked pretty frequently too, leaving the home vulnerable to intruders.
- Keeping the doors and gates leading to pools closed and locked to prevent accidental drownings is also a huge concern.
The Fear is Real
Being concerned about summer safety makes sense. The combination of increased activities, having our attention diverted in a multitude of directions, and more people around naturally increases the opportunity for things like injury, accidental death, fire, and theft. Fortunately, home automation technologies can help address these concerns.
Have Fun, But Stay Safe
Fire up the barbeque and grab your towels, because summer is made for fun. In the middle of all the fun, though, do not neglect safety and security. When things get busy, it is easy to forget things like locking doors, or have our attention pulled away from supervising kids by someone at the door among many other common summer dangers. Problem solved. With home automation you can:
- Monitor children playing outside or in a different room using smart cameras
- Use smart sensors and alerts to tell you if doors or gates open unexpectedly
- Keep kids out of pools or other dangerous areas
- Monitor the home via smart cameras when you are away
- Reduce the chances of theft
- Check on pets throughout the day (some of that video just might be Youtube worthy)
- Get alerts if there is unusual movement around the house while you are away
- Lock those smart locks…. Again
- Get an alert that you left the smart garage door open
- Know exactly who is at the door via the video doorbell before getting pulled away from your activity, or answer from afar so you always look home
- Make sure you turned off the roast in the oven
- Fake occupancy with smart lighting and other enabled electronics while on vacation to further deter burglars.
- Go Away on vacation knowing your home is covered by 24/7 monitoring.
- Save money using smart lighting and a smart thermostat so you have more savings for vacation
Complete Security Systems is one of the largest independently owned, full service security and fire alarm companies in New Jersey, and recipient of Dealer of the Year by NJ Electronic Security Association three times:2003, 2013, and 2015.
Latest posts by Lauren M. (see all)
- 8 Ways Smart Home Technologies Help Simplify Back-to-School Routines - August 12, 2018
- The Lazy Days of Summer Starts With Smart Security - July 18, 2018
- Home Security Checks Before Going on Vacation - July 4, 2018