The automated home has been a dream for so long that it is hard to believe that it is actually here. Well, maybe not like on the Jetson’s, but similar. And a whole lot better. And for those who originally thought home automation was a passing fad– they just realized they forgot to close the garage door and arm the security system. No worries, though, because home automation took care of it for them.
Do You Have a Smart Home?
The term “smart home” is used to describe a residence where internet connected devices, appliances, and systems are connected and able to communicate with one another. Once they are able to communicate, the system is able to learn user habits and routines and respond to them. If you have a smart home, you are not alone. The trend is growing with no end in sight.
The Home Automation Industry Has Only Grown
According to statistic compilation sites like Statista.com, the home automation market reached $9.7 billion in 2016 with the United States generating most of that revenue. Other studies suggest that by the year 2020 we are likely to see over 25 billion internet devices serving in home automation which will help the industry surge to $20.9 billion.
Important Reasons Why Home Automation is Here to Stay
- Enhanced Security. The number one reason most people opt in into home automation is for enhanced security. If you have a security system, you know how easy it is to forget to arm the system, or to lock the doors. Home automation can take care of that by arming the system, locking the smart locks, and much more, to enhance your security.
- Increased Savings. Outside of better security, the most popular reason to have home automation is for improved energy efficiency and savings through the use of things such as smart lighting and the smart thermostat.
- Connection. The smart home also provides unprecedented control of your home, whether you are home or away through the smart home app. With a tap of your finger you can turn off and on appliances, check security cameras, arm your security system, and see who is at the door through the smart doorbell camera.
- Better Entertainment Experience. When it is time to relax it is nice to be able to just sit back and enjoy the experience without having to worry about a multitude of controls and adjustments to the television, audio, gaming, and home theater. With home automation, you have it all under control.
- Convenient Appliances. The industry is exploding with a proliferation of connected appliances, such as smart refrigerators, coffee makers, washers and dryers, and ovens. When you integrate your kitchen appliances you reap even more convenience and savings.
Complete Security Systems is New Jersey’s premier electronic security and home automation company providing systems that make life better. Contact us today for more information.
Latest posts by Lauren M. (see all)
- 8 Ways Smart Home Technologies Help Simplify Back-to-School Routines - August 12, 2018
- The Lazy Days of Summer Starts With Smart Security - July 18, 2018
- Home Security Checks Before Going on Vacation - July 4, 2018