In addition to installing a home security system, what should NJ homeowners know about preventing their homes from being burglarized?
As a homeowner, ask yourself these important questions:
Is my schedule obvious to burglars who may be watching my home?
- Are windows and doors left open – even those that are not easily accessible?
- Are there places around my home that are hidden from neighbors and others?
- How well is the exterior of my home lit – can I see every entry point at night?
- What equipment do I keep in my garage that may be used to help a burglar break in?
There are many common-sense recommendations for preventing burglaries.
- Locking doors and windows anytime you leave (and place a bar in the track of sliding glass doors)
- Install motion sensor lights to shine light on otherwise dark places around your home
- Program lights to turn on at random times, especially when traveling
These are just a few of the common recommendations, but each of these is improved ten-fold by adding a home security alarm to the mix. After all, what good is a locked window if a burglar simply breaks the glass to enter your home? What good are deadbolts when the burglar can simply climb a ladder and enter the second-story window instead? What good are motion sensor lights if no one is home to see what’s happening outside?
A modern home security alarm in NJ from CSS combines the basic home security features with technology and 24/7 monitoring to implement a more complete security system.
To learn more about home security alarms in NJ, call the expert team at Complete Security Systems.